SOB Student Terms and Conditions
Completing the Summer of Biz (SoB) Student Registration process is an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the following:
- I am eligible as a student candidate for SoB, because I have a student ID for the current calendar year from a NZ tertiary institution.
- I am legally able to work in NZ this summer.
- I agree to abide by the SoB Code of Conduct for events.
- As much as possible, I will participate in the Winter Bootcamp programme to get upskilled on professional and technical topics.
- I will complete my profile including uploading accurate information to the SoB website, including my CV/portfolio, skills matrix, academic results (screenshot is ok), and career statement.
- I will participate in the recruitment process, by expressing an interest in projects on the SoB website, and attending the Meet and Greet session(s). I will make myself available and attend Speed Interviews if I am selected.
- If I receive an offer, I understand that the terms of employment are to be negotiated between me and my employer, and that SoB team are available to support the process.
- I understand and agree that having a completed profile on the SoB website means I am available for a SoB internship. If my availability changes, I will immediately notify SoB and Opt Out (withdraw) from the programme.
- I understand that it is HIGHLY unprofessional to Opt Out (withdraw) from the programme between Meet & Greet and Offers Day, because employers will be investing huge resources, time & energy in the shortlisting & interview process. If I am shortlisted after Meet & Greet, I will do everything in my power to remain available between then and Offers Day.
- Throughout my participation in Summer of Biz, I will be a professional employee and ambassador for the SoB programme.
- I acknowledge that Summer of Biz may video or photograph participants at events, and that my attendance may be documented and shared via online media channels (including the SoB website, twitter and facebook pages, and Youtube). As such, I hereby agree to relinquish any reasonable expectation of privacy and understand that the use of my image does not violate any right of privacy, law, regulation or agreement. Moreover, I hereby grant permission to Summer of Biz to use, or authorise others to use, any photograph, motion picture, image, recording, or any other record of your participation in activities during the Summer of Biz programme.
- If I have any questions or require clarification on any of the above Rules, I will contact email@example.com