Summer of Biz (SoB) Employer Registration
Completing the SoB Employer Registration process is an acknowledgement that you have read and agree to abide by the following terms & conditions:
- I understand I will have access to the full functionality of the SoB website, including viewing of candidate profiles and participation in the SoB recruitment process when I have completed the registration process, my organisation has paid the Registration fee of $500+GST, and has loaded an internship job on the website.
- Note that “SoB Employer” includes all employers registering to host intern(s) as part of Summer of Biz. This includes legal entities other than registered companies, such as government departments, charitable trusts, state owned enterprises, partnerships and individuals that register as potential employers on the Summer of Biz programme.
- I agree to SoB Rules of Engagement: the SoB programme will connects me to student candidates for paid summer internship jobs. Through the online profiles and SoB events, I will meet students and assess their suitability for paid summer jobs. I will NOT make any official offer of employment before official offer date in October. All offers will be made via the SoB website.
- I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for all SoB events & activities
- I agree to participate in Meet & Greet event
- I may participate in the SoB Speed Interviews, otherwise, we will arrange our own interview process, and be ready to offer internship jobs to our preferred candidates on Offers Day.
- For each internship job, my organisation will provide a dedicated Biz mentor, a go-to person for issues and questions that arise during the internship.
- The mentor will work closely with the Intern for the duration of the Internship. Generally, there is more supervision required during the first 2 weeks of the Internship, e.g. approximately 10-15 hours per week for the first fortnight, reducing to approximately 5 hours per week for the remainder of the Internship. This may vary depending on circumstances.
- For each internship job filled via SoB, my organisation will pay the SoB Intern Placement fee, $1,250+GST.
- I agree to be a Responsible Employer, complying with NZ employment legislation and business essentials is the bare minimum.
- The standard employment agreement for a SoB Intern is a fixed-term agreement which includes an hourly wage of at least $21.15, for approximately 400 hours.
- The employment agreement is between Employers and Interns, and SoB is not required to be involved, but the team is available to provide impartial support (and connections to professional support agencies) to Employers and Interns that are new to the employment process. Employers will agree to conditions of work, whether GST is charged, how holiday pay will be worked out, directly with our chosen candidate.
- The SoB online Offer process is deemed to be a binding employment offer, and it will be followed up with a formal contract within 1 week of acceptance.
- I acknowledge that Summer of Biz may video or photograph participants at events, and that my attendance may be documented and shared via online media channels (including the SoB website, twitter and facebook pages, and Youtube). As such, I hereby agree to relinquish any reasonable expectation of privacy and understand that the use of my image does not violate any right of privacy, law, regulation or agreement. Moreover, I hereby grant permission to Summer of Biz to use, or authorise others to use, any photograph, motion picture, image, recording, or any other record of your participation in activities during the Summer of Biz programme.
If you have any questions or require clarification on any of the above Rules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org