BizFest: applying HR and Marketing learning to solve real business problems
Summer of Biz is shortly hosting our first BizFest event!
So what’s BizFest?
BizFest is a one day event held at the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) on Saturday 11 August. It’s a chance for Summer of Biz students to work as teams to solve real business problems using their HR and Marketing skills.
What will I be doing?
Attendees will be divided into groups of four of five to help the EPA develop and build on their HR and Marketing approaches to their employment brand. The EPA are a Government agency doing valuable work for New Zealand regulating activities that affect our environment.
Recently, the EPA has significantly changed how it delivers HR for its people and refreshed its brand and values. Your challenge for the day will be to take a detailed brief and work as part of a team to develop potential strategies and plans around:
- Employment branding
- Employee value proposition
- Student engagement
- Social media
We’ll have industry mentors available on the day to give you all their tips and tricks on how to help the EPA create a strong HR and Marketing strategy.
You will finish the day presenting your ideas to EPA business leaders.
Why should I attend?
There are lots of reasons to attend BizFest 2018:
- Apply your skills in a real workplace. You get to put together everything you’ve learned at university and at Bootcamps to solve a real problem in a real business.
- Make connections. You’ll get to connect with employers and mentors from the industry, learning new skills and making great connections.
- Good practice for internships. You’ll already have some experience working on business problems in a work environment, which will be a huge advantage when applying for your Summer of Biz internship.
- It looks great on your CV. Any work experience helps when it comes to applying for jobs or internships. Having experience in the field you want a career in will really help your CV.
- Prizes. The team with the strongest strategy (as picked by our industry judges) will win some prizes!
How do I sign up?
There are only 25 spots available at BizFest this year. We’re looking for students who are committed to a Summer of Biz internship and to a career in HR or Marketing – the more Bootcamps you’ve attended, the better!
If you want to attend, make sure you’ve signed up for a Summer of Biz profile here and then head on over to fill out our expression of interest form here. We will be making decisions about who to invite by 25 July. So don’t hang about.
We can’t wait to see you at BizFest 2018!