Collection, storage and use
2. No need to disclose personal information
SoB’s public website, www.summerofbiz.co.nz can be viewed and its social media feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information
However, registering as an employer or candidate requires that you disclose personal information. Such information will be viewable by the SoB team, website administrators, and other users of our recruitment website. Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature.
4. Holding of information
Personal information that you provide will be held by SoB, and may be shared with, and held by, our partners and other users of the website to the extent necessary for the services they provide related to the administration, improvement, delivery of our education and recruitment programmes. Profile, contact and personal information entered into your SoB profile is not made available to the public, but employers can see candidate details, and candidates and other employers can see employer details.
5. Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the purposes of administering, evaluating, improving, and securing SoB and the information it contains, improving our services and communicating with you.
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the SoB programmes. If you provide feedback on the site or via email, that feedback will be sent to appropriate SoB team members. We may pass on relevant comments (but not contact information or personal information unless permission is expressly given by you) to other people within the SoB community including volunteers.
Statistical information and cookies
7. Statistical information collected
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
- student demographic information (gender and ethnicity) is not visible on profiles, it is solely for statistical reporting purposes
8. Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by the SoB Team and website administrators.
Rights of access and correction
9. Your rights
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to SoB in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that SoB has stored, or to change or delete such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. SoB may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Summer of Biz
Terms & Conditions
For employers are here
For students are here