Our Advisory Board
Since the beginning of Summer of Biz in 2017, we have thought about how we can mature and grow into a programme that is recognised at a national level by HR & Marketing students. There are several ways to develop the programme, but we realised one clear thing — we couldn’t do it alone!
In true Summer of Biz fashion, we have recruited a team of nine HR & Marketing experts to be on our advisory board.
Their main functions will include:
- Providing the team with strategic direction
- Advocating for the importance of the Summer of Biz programme
- Using their networks to communicate what we do here at Summer of Biz
- Being a sounding board for our team and our interns
(Left to right) Back row: Peter de Boer, Danni Williams, Rebecca Clarke, Ritsa Magiannis, Richard Westney
Front row: Ruth McDavitt, Nina Ive
Not pictured: Cath Randall, Nicole Williams
Who is on our Board?
- Richard Westney — co-founder of Summer of Biz, and an independent HR Consultant
- Nicole Williams — Co-founder of Summer of Biz, and a Product Manager at TradeMe
- Ruth McDavitt — CEO of Summer of Tech
- Peter de Boer — General Manager of Uprise Digital
- Nina Ive — Manager, Strategic Engagement, Tertiary Education Commission
- Rebecca Clarke — NZ Membership and Partnerships Manager RCSA (Recruitment & Consulting Services Association)
- Ritsa Magiannis — digital strategist working as a private contractor
- Danni Williams — Associate Director in Management Consulting at PwC
- Cath Randall — Skills Development Manager, Business Growth & Innovation at WREDA
Read more about the founding of our Advisory Board on our blog.